Rachel Maddow Explains Obama’s Drilling Moratorium and Why it’s getting Shot DownAuthor: Jon Martin | Friday, June 25th, 2010 |
Earlier tonight on The Rachel Maddow Show, Maddow explained how two different oil rigs are used to harvest oil. First, a rig is used for drilling, then the hole is capped.The first rig leaves and a second rig comes and uncaps the hole to collect the oil. Obama is is trying to stop drilling, not harvesting, but a the moratorium has been shot down twice by a judge.
Pictures of The BP Gusher from overhead are not encouraging. Ughhhhhhh I don’t think people realize how bad this is, I can’t believe people were swimming in the beach with tarballs. WTF the oil is posionous, and there is dispersant in the water too O_O.
A federal judge said Thursday that he will not reconsider his decision to overturn a six month deep-water drilling moratorium stemming from the Gulf oil spill. That means Interior Secretary Ken Salazar might need to look for a Plan B.
More info: Check here
- Rachel Maddow Gives the BP Speech Obama Should Have
- Tarballs Washing Up On Beaches in Florida, People Swimming in Oil…
- Jon Stewart Takes A Closer Look at General McChrystal’s Nonsensical Remarks About Obama Administration
- Jon Stewart Counts The Ways Obama is The New Bush (Video)
- Stephen Colbert Explains Why Tony Hayward isn’t Unemployed