David Cross Explains When He Realized Religion was a JokeAuthor: Jon Martin | Thursday, July 29th, 2010 |
Before Arrested Development and Mr Show, David Cross was a stand-up comic. He still is and as an atheist, he tends to talk about how ridiculous religion can be in his act. In this interview with ABC news, he explains to Dan Harris why he uses humor about god in his stand-up and when he finally realized that he didn’t believe in god.
I think it’s good to see people in the public eye speaking out about being athiest. What’s the worst that could happen? Our public policy ISN’T based on fables and non-provable myths? That’s really what it all comes down to, religious people want free reign to make up weird laws based on their cult beliefs.
If atheism became popular, religious people wouldn’t be able to use faith as a way to effect public policy. The logical fallacy is that just because you believe in a god, it does not mean you have control over what other people do. Think about it, why is your god any more special than anyone else’s god? They are all in the realm of the mind.
- Bill Maher and Craig Ferguson Discuss Religion
- Bill Maher calls out Obama on Offensive Joke
- The First On-Screen “That’s What She Said” Joke was told by Hitchcock!
- Rachel Maddow Explains Obama’s Drilling Moratorium and Why it’s getting Shot Down
- Adam Sandler sits down with David Letterman