Bill Maher says Republicans are partly responsible for Gifford’s Shooting (Video)Author: Jon Martin | Monday, January 10th, 2011 |
Earlier tonight on Anderson Cooper 360, Bill Maher sat down with Anderson Cooper to discuss the attempted assassination of Gabrielle Giffords that took place earlier in the week. Anderson asked whether it was fair to place blame on anyone but the shooter, Maher said that Jared Loughner was a nut but he also said that many of Jared’s ideas are very similiar to what Glenn Beck talks about on his show. Maher said he wasn’t specifically pointing out Beck but he said that Loughner did have a big chalkboard in his basement and it probably didn’t look that different than Glenn Beck’s.
Maher said that there is a false equivalency saying that the left is just as bad as the right. This isn’t true though, the left isn’t bringing guns to political debates and the left isn’t drawing crosshairs on the names of political opponents, the left isn’t calling for “second-amendment solutions”.
- Bill Maher: The Tea-baggers named themselves after a gay sex act, they aren’t too bright (Video)
- Michael Moore to Tea Party: You’re not going to get anywhere, nothing’s going to happen (Video)
- Bill Maher and Bill O’Reilly Debate Obama, The Tea Party, and Religion
- Anderson Cooper and Bill Maher Discuss Islam
- Bill Maher says Zach Galifianakis Joint Wasn’t Real (Video)