Anderson Cooper Tells Dr. Laura to “Stop Whining” About the N-word (Video)Author: Jon Martin | Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 |
Last night on Anderson Cooper 360, Anderson reflected on Dr. Laura’s recent comments that CNN wants to bring her down. During the interview, Dr. Laura said that Bill Maher can go out and say whatever he wants but when she does it, she’s a “racist”. I have an interesting viewpoint on this, which I will get to later. First though, lets take a look at what Dr. Laura was reffering to when she mentioned Bill Maher.
On a Larry King interview earlier in the year, Maher used the n-word while making a point. Dr. Laura said that she was doing the same sort of thing but because Maher is a liberal, no one said anything.
Months ago, on her radio show, Dr Laura used “nigger” seven times during a discussion about the word. The woman on the other end of the phone was in an interracial relationship and was uncomfortable because her husband and friends would use the n-word in front of her and she was growing resentful. Dr. Laura responded by saying “black people use n*gger all the time, if you turn on a black comedian, all you hear is n*gger, n*gger, n*gger.” These comments caused nation-wide controversy and ended with Dr. Laura cancelling her show. Watch here as Anderson sounds off on Dr. Laura:
- Anderson Cooper and Bill Maher Discuss Islam
- Laura Ingraham Wears out Her Welcome on The View
- Bill Maher says Republicans are partly responsible for Gifford’s Shooting (Video)
- Bill Maher: The Tea-baggers named themselves after a gay sex act, they aren’t too bright (Video)
- Sherri Sheperd Tells Bill Maher he Needs to Talk to God (Video)